Sunday, April 22, 2012

Time to Make the Donuts

Just over 2 weeks ago I returned to the working world. The money is good but the hours are long and the work is hard. I'm commuting about an hour and 20 minutes each way. It fells like I work, drive, eat sleep............repeat repeatedly. Aside from being under Uncle Sam's thumb, the taxation on my body has me wanting to drink myself in to a stupor at this moment.

We're getting into prime bike season. Riding and flipping. All this "real" work has put a damper on all of that for now. Okay, enough whining. I did manage to list and sell another mixte frame on ebay last week. The rear deralleur for the Gunnar Rockhound arrived from Japan and has been installed along with a new Sram 9 speed chain. In replacing these parts I believe I discovered the real issue with the ghost shifting. The cable was corroded in the housing at the RD. Live and learn. Now I have a back-up RD. I am still considering a new suspension fork but I have not looked. Replacing the headset would be a smart thing to do as well. In the last month and a half I've listed and sold 5 frames on ebay. A couple of them did exceptionally well. Another that went to San Fran whacked me pretty hard on the shipping charges.

I would really like to ride SWK today but my legs and back hurt from climbing around on scaffolding all week. I think I'll just build a campfire and indulge in craft beer this evening. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment